Cucumber Noodles with Peanut Sauce
You’ll need a spiraliser to make the cucumber noodles and you’ll thank me if you haven’t already got one. I love mine! You can spiralise all sorts of vegetables to make tasty accompaniments to your meals.
Peanuts are full of protein and also contain monounsaturated fatty acids. They are also packed full of Vitamin E.
Cucumbers are 95% water, so they are much lower in calories than a wheat or corn based noodle. They also contain Vitamin K, copper, potassium, Vitamin C and manganese.
- 2 large seedless cucumbers
- A little chopped fresh chilli
- Chopped peanuts for garnish.
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (unsalted and no added sugar)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons agave (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/3 cup warm water
This recipe is really simple. Spiralise the cucumber, following the instructions on your device, combine all the sauce ingredients and garnish with chilli and peanuts.
You can see more recipes from Slimpod right here on my Pinterest Healthy Meals Board.